Mission: The AOA is the professional home for osteopathic physicians and students, providing education, board certification and is the champion of the advancement of the distinctive osteopathic profession.
Vision: The AOA aspires to be the “North Star” of the osteopathic profession by advancing the interests of osteopathic physicians and students and promoting excellence in patient care consistent with the distinctive osteopathic philosophy.
- Selfless Service: The AOA exists in service to the profession, its members, current and future osteopathic physicians.
- Integrity: The AOA and its leaders display integrity in action, word and deed.
- Transparency: The AOA respects those it serves through open communication and transparency.
- Innovation: The AOA strives to build the box, not live within its confines.
- Advocacy: The AOA passionately advocates for the osteopathic profession and the patients our members serve.
- Collaboration: The AOA empowers the osteopathic community through collaboration and common interests with all whom we serve.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: The AOA commits to creating and sustaining a community that promotes and values diversity, equity and inclusion.