2019-2021 CME Guide
The following activities are not eligible for CME credit
Learn to distinguish between CME-eligible and non-CME-eligible professional service opportunities.
The following activities do not qualify for credit toward CME requirements:
- Volunteer work
The AOA applauds volunteerism, but such work does not qualify for CME credit.
- Medical facility tours
- Healthcare committee and departmental meetings
These meetings do not qualify for CME credit unless they fall under the activities listed in “Committee and Hospital Staff Work.”
- Osteopathic state licensing board participation
- Physician administrative training
- Quality assessment programs
While participation in quality assessment programs does not quality for CME credit, participation in quality improvement and quality assessment programs may count for OCC Component 4 credit through the Quality Improvement Activity attestation.
- Observation at medical centers
- Medical economics courses